Created on Thursday, 23 June 2016 15:35
- Operation Fitrah’s objective is to ensure that every Muslim is free from want on the auspicious day of Eid-ul-Fitr.
- Operation Fitrah is one of the vital annual relief projects undertaken by SANZAF. The campaign has shown significant growth in both magnitude and effectiveness over the past 41 years.
- This year SANZAF will distribute more than R5 million in nutritional food, fresh produce and canned goods at the end of Ramadan
- Approximately 23 000 families across South Africa will be helped on the day of Eid–ul-Fitr.
- Operation Fitrah is conducted over a three-month period and includes the individual assessment of families and home visits to verify the eligibility of recipients.
- SANZAF considers referrals from other agencies and has been involved in partnerships with institutions and organisations for over 40 years.
- The success of the project is based on an interactive approach, which includes planning and networking with individuals and groups that enable SANZAF to accomplish goals that could not be achieved alone.
The benefits of such collaborative partnerships for Zakatul-Fitr are:
- Each masjid and community centre operates within a defined area.
- The chance of duplication is eliminated i.e. beneficiaries do not receive more than one parcel.
- More poor and needy families are reached.
- Professional beggars who take advantage of the occasion are identified and rooted out.